Barcelona want to loan out Riqui Puig
Kluivert tells Sport that "it's difficult" for Riqui Puig to get minutes at Barcelona and says it is probably best that he goes out on loan.
Barcelona had a meeting planned for December to decide the future of Riqui Puig but Patrick Kluivert seems to already have his mind made up about what the young star should do.
"If you look at the midfielders in the team," he told Sport. "With Frenkie, Arthur and Arturo, where will he go? With all due respect, it's difficult. It's best that Riqui goes out on loan to compete."
The club consider Puig a player for the future and with a loan and they have ruled out a transfer away from the club permanently. The only thing missing now is what the player thinks about a loan move away. He was resistent to a loan move previously but with a lack of minutes on offer, his stance may have changed.
Kluivert also spoke about Ansu Fati and his potential return to Barcelon B to get minutes: "Abidal and Planes are managing this. We are communicating between us. If all of the first team players are 100%, I have the feeling that he has to play in Barcelona B to get minutes in his legs. With Carles Pérez, we are doing it well."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes