Real Madrid: Odegaard steps up injury recovery
The Norweigan trained on his own on Tuesday but he continues to increase intensity in everything he is doing as he eyes a return to the Bernabéu.
All roads lead to the Santiago Bernabéu for Martin Odegaard. The attacking midfielder has recovered well from an injury that has kept him out of the last two Real Sociedad games in LaLiga against Granada and Leganés. He still hasn't trained with the group but he is increasing the intensity while working on his own.
The feelings are good that he can play against his parent club, Real Madrid. It's a special encounter for the Norweigan after being loaned out to la Real for two years in principal although given his sensational early season form, that might be cut short.
Odegaard worked on his own at Zubieta, Real Sociedad's training facility, while the rest of his teammates completed collective work under Imanol Alguacil's guidance.
Odegaard recovering well from injury
The Norweigan completed a series of different runs at a decent pace, and struck the ball without feeling any lingering pain from the bruised heel he suffered at Balaídos against Celta Vigo at the end of October.
The 20-year-old continued his normal recovery work inside the facility with a physio session and work in the recovery pool. Odegaard is doing everything he can to get back into the group ahead of the game on Saturday night at the Bernabéu. The idea is that if he continues to improve and not suffer any pain, he will rejoin the group on Wednesday, which would be a great sign for his hopes of featuring at the weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake