Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
On Tuesday the London club announced that the highly regarded manager had left.
Maurcio Pochettino has left Tottenham Hotspur, the club announced on Tuesday evening, citing poor results as the reason for the "reluctant" decision.
Pochettino leaves Spurs
"We were extremely reluctant to make this change and it is not a decision the Board has taken lightly, nor in haste," were the words from Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy.
"Regrettably domestic results at the end of last season and beginning of this season have been extremely disappointing."
Club statement— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 19, 2019
“It falls to the Board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the Club's best interests.
“Mauricio and his coaching staff will always be part of our history. I have the utmost admiration for the manner in which he dealt with the difficult times away from a home ground whilst we built the new stadium and for the warmth and positivity he brought to us. I should like to thank him and his coaching staff for all they have contributed. They will always be welcome here.
“We have a talented squad. We need to re-energise and look to deliver a positive season for our supporters.”
The Argentine had been in charge at the Premier League club for five years and saw year-on-year progress culminating in a Champions League final last season. The statement ended with: "We shall provide an update on new coaching staff in due course."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?