Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
On Tuesday the London club announced that the highly regarded manager had left.
Maurcio Pochettino has left Tottenham Hotspur, the club announced on Tuesday evening, citing poor results as the reason for the "reluctant" decision.
Pochettino leaves Spurs
"We were extremely reluctant to make this change and it is not a decision the Board has taken lightly, nor in haste," were the words from Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy.
"Regrettably domestic results at the end of last season and beginning of this season have been extremely disappointing."
Club statement— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 19, 2019
“It falls to the Board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the Club's best interests.
“Mauricio and his coaching staff will always be part of our history. I have the utmost admiration for the manner in which he dealt with the difficult times away from a home ground whilst we built the new stadium and for the warmth and positivity he brought to us. I should like to thank him and his coaching staff for all they have contributed. They will always be welcome here.
“We have a talented squad. We need to re-energise and look to deliver a positive season for our supporters.”
The Argentine had been in charge at the Premier League club for five years and saw year-on-year progress culminating in a Champions League final last season. The statement ended with: "We shall provide an update on new coaching staff in due course."
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January