Real Madrid: Bale celebrates with "Wales. Golf. Madrid" flag
Gareth Bale has raised eyebrows by celebrating Wales' qualification for Euro 2020 with a flag bearing the phrase: "Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order".
Having already raised eyebrows with his return to availability this international week after his month-long absence at Real Madrid, Gareth Bale has now also courted controversy with his actions after Wales' 2-0 win over Hungary on Tuesday night, a result that sealed the Dragons' qualification for Euro 2020.
Bale celebrates Euro 2020 qualification with "Wales. Golf. Madrid" flag
As Ryan Giggs' men celebrated reaching the finals of a major tournament for only the third time in their history, Bales posed with his colleagues behind a Welsh flag reading, "Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order", in reference to former Real Madrid player Predrag Mijatovic's recent remarks about the forward on Spanish radio station Cadena SER.
"The first thing Bale thinks about is Wales, then golf"
"The first thing he thinks about is Wales, then golf and after that, Real Madrid," Mijatovic told the sports show 'El Larguero' in late October. "I haven't spoken to him but that's how he comes across. You never know whether you will be able to count on him - if he is motivated or not or if he's injured... but we'll see how he improves once the international break approaches."
The image of a euphoric Bale grabbing hold of the flag and dancing behind it with his Wales team-mates is one that is sure to have gone down badly with Madrid's fans...
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona offer Griezmann to Juventus, reports in Italy
- Coronavirus India's Covid-19 vaccine target launch date concerns experts
- Bundesliga Sané takes Coutinho's number 10 shirt at Bayern
- BARCELONA Umtiti: Barcelona defender suffers fresh injury setback
- Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool Klopp praises “brilliant attitude” despite comprehensive defeat
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid stretch LaLiga lead over Barcelona to four points