Real Madrid not happy with Bale's 'bad joke' with Wales flag
The Real Madrid player posed with a 'Wales, golf, Madrid' flag after their game against Hungary and sources at the club tell ESPNFC they didn't find it funny.
Real Madrid are not happy with Gareth Bale posing with a 'Wales, Golf, Madrid' flag after Wales beat Hungary to qualify for Euro 2020. Sources at the club have told ESPNFC that it was 'a joke in very bad taste'.
There is a feeling of indifference towards Bale's most recent controversy in what sources at the club told ESPNFC is a growing list of issues between club and player. The Welsh attacker missed Real Madrid's last six games for the club but was called up to Ryan Giggs' squad and played in both games to help his country qualify for the tournament in the summer.
Bale was all set for a move to China in the summer but it was called off at the 11th hour with the attacker being forced to stay put. Zinedine Zidane had previously said it would be best for everyone 'if Bale leaves tomorrow' when talk of the China move was mentioned.
Former Real Madrid player, Pedja Mijatovic, said Bale's priorities were 'Wales, golf and Madrid. In that order' and the Welsh fans turned it into a flag a chant and a way to poke fun at Bale's situation at Real Madrid. He joined in after the Hungary win, which drew ire from Spain.
Bale has previously said that he gets more excited playing for Wales than Madrid and said the 'Wales, golf, Madrid' flag was a 'good bit of fun.' Madrid don't see it that way though and Zidane is set to decide what to do when the player returns to training on Thursday.
Amongst Bale's most recent indiscretions include leaving the Bernabéu early when he was not involved, and while Zidane said it is not against team rules, it helps to paint a picture of an increasingly fraught relationship between the two parties which has only worsened with last night's antics.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?