Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
Daniel Levy approached Mourinho in 2007 and 2015 but Mourinho rejected him on both occasions and said he could never manage Spurs.
Jose Mourinho is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Mauricio Pochettino was sacked on Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning, the Portuguese had been installed as his replacement. 'The Special One' said he would never like to be the manager of Spurs, however, and rejected them twice in the past because of his history with Chelsea.
In 2007 when he left Chelsea, Daniel Levy offered the job to Spurs but admitted that his contract with Chelsea would not allow him to coach in England. "I couldn't go," he said. "I could train in England for two years."
But in 2015, he rejected the club again after his second spell at Stamford Bridge. It was before he took the reins at Manchester United. "I would not take the job because I love Chelsea supporters too much," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match