Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
Daniel Levy approached Mourinho in 2007 and 2015 but Mourinho rejected him on both occasions and said he could never manage Spurs.
Jose Mourinho is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Mauricio Pochettino was sacked on Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning, the Portuguese had been installed as his replacement. 'The Special One' said he would never like to be the manager of Spurs, however, and rejected them twice in the past because of his history with Chelsea.
In 2007 when he left Chelsea, Daniel Levy offered the job to Spurs but admitted that his contract with Chelsea would not allow him to coach in England. "I couldn't go," he said. "I could train in England for two years."
But in 2015, he rejected the club again after his second spell at Stamford Bridge. It was before he took the reins at Manchester United. "I would not take the job because I love Chelsea supporters too much," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?