Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
Daniel Levy approached Mourinho in 2007 and 2015 but Mourinho rejected him on both occasions and said he could never manage Spurs.
Jose Mourinho is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Mauricio Pochettino was sacked on Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning, the Portuguese had been installed as his replacement. 'The Special One' said he would never like to be the manager of Spurs, however, and rejected them twice in the past because of his history with Chelsea.
In 2007 when he left Chelsea, Daniel Levy offered the job to Spurs but admitted that his contract with Chelsea would not allow him to coach in England. "I couldn't go," he said. "I could train in England for two years."
But in 2015, he rejected the club again after his second spell at Stamford Bridge. It was before he took the reins at Manchester United. "I would not take the job because I love Chelsea supporters too much," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- WFS LIVE 'African clubs need to develop their brand before chasing profit'
- WFS LIVE 'The pandemic has prompted a wave of creativity across the sports industry'
- MARADONA Maradona's lawyer calls for investigation into medical services' "CRIMINAL IDIOCY"
- World Football Summit Eto’o: “Diego Maradona was an idol for a whole generation”
- PREMIER LEAGUE Which Premier League clubs can have fans back in stadiums?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target