Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
Daniel Levy approached Mourinho in 2007 and 2015 but Mourinho rejected him on both occasions and said he could never manage Spurs.
Jose Mourinho is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Mauricio Pochettino was sacked on Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning, the Portuguese had been installed as his replacement. 'The Special One' said he would never like to be the manager of Spurs, however, and rejected them twice in the past because of his history with Chelsea.
In 2007 when he left Chelsea, Daniel Levy offered the job to Spurs but admitted that his contract with Chelsea would not allow him to coach in England. "I couldn't go," he said. "I could train in England for two years."
But in 2015, he rejected the club again after his second spell at Stamford Bridge. It was before he took the reins at Manchester United. "I would not take the job because I love Chelsea supporters too much," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: 9 players Zidane has at the exit door
- SERIE A Man Utd-linked Meret open to leaving Napoli on loan
- JUVENTUS Pogba would be "ideal gift" for new Juventus boss Pirlo - Toni
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: can Donald Trump approve it in an executive order?
- CORONAVIRUS USA $400 unemployment benefits: who is eligible?
- CORONAVIRUS USA $400 unemployment benefits: link and how to login to claim them