Mourinho turns to Lille for his Spurs coaching team
Jose Mourinho will be supported by Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos at Tottenham after the Premier League club agreed a deal with Lille.
Tottenham have agreed a deal with Lille to bring in coaches Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos to work with Jose Mourinho.
Lille coaches for Mou support
Former Chelsea and Manchester United boss Mourinho was appointed Spurs' new head coach on Wednesday following Mauricio Pochettino's departure the previous day.
Spurs moved quickly to begin securing the desired backroom setup for their new coach, as Lille confirmed the departure of Sacramento and Santos.
Tottenham have reportedly paid £3million for the duo, with Sacramento expected to become Mourinho's assistant. Santos joins as goalkeeping coach. Mourinho himself becomes the second highest paid manager in football.
"To Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos, LOSC wish all the success in this new project," a Lille statement read.
ESPN report Spurs may yet return to Lille for sporting director Luis Campos, who previously worked with Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Pochettino's time at Tottenham saw numerous reports of tensions between the manager and chairman Daniel Levy over transfers.
The arrival of Campos as sporting director would seemingly act as a buffer, and Mourinho is said to have funds to make signings in January.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTER MILAN Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears
- LaLiga Real Madrid go top after hard fought win in Valladolid
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Real Valladolid: LaLiga Santander
- Tragedy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links