Liga MX XI to take on MLS in All-Star match
MLS and Liga MX will collide in the All-Star game as the United States' premier football competition celebrates its 25th anniversary.
MLS has announced a new format for its annual All-Star game.
To mark the league's 24th season, MLS All-Stars will face Liga MX All-Stars – drawn from Mexico's top flight – at Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles on July 29.
Bradley to lead MLS side
LAFC head coach and former United States boss Bob Bradley will lead the MLS select side.
"As we celebrate our 25th season, we wanted to deliver an unique and unprecedented format for our annual All-Star Game," MLS commissioner Don Garber said in a statement.
"Our first ever game between the best of MLS and Liga MX’s top players is the perfect way to build on the growing relationship between the two top soccer leagues in the region."
For the past 15 years, MLS All-Stars have played touring European sides including Manchester United, Juventus and Real Madrid.
Their previous victory came with a 2-1 triumph against Tottenham in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"