Arsenal blow as Dani Ceballos is ruled out til mid-December
Unai Emery has suffered a blow to his hopes of turning Arsenal's form around, learning he will be without Dani Ceballos for the next month.
Arsenal midfielder and Real Madrid loanee Dani Ceballos is facing another month on the sidelines due to a hamstring injury.
The Spain playmaker sustained the problem during the 1-1 Europa League draw at Vitoria SC at the start of this month.
Head coach Unai Emery initially referred to that setback as a "small injury" but, in a short injury update posted on their official website ahead of Saturday's Premier League home match against Southampton, Arsenal confirmed damage to Ceballos' left hamstring means he is aiming to return to full training in mid-December.
The 23-year-old has made 17 appearances in all competitions since moving to Emirates Stadium on a season-long loan from Madrid.
Kolasinac doubt for Arsenal ahead Southampton clash
Emery will assess Sead Kolasinac before the Southampton game after the left-back returned to club duty with a tight left hamstring.
Bosnia-Herzegovina international Kolasinac completed 90 minutes of his country's 3-0 defeat to Italy last Friday but sat out the subsequent win over Liechtenstein by the same scoreline.
Emery finds himself under pressure following a run of four winless matches in the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund