Mourinho criticised for Spurs coaching team appointments
The Lille coach fired out a less than subtle dig in the direction of the Portuguese manager after he hired his support team from the Ligue 1 outfit.
After signing up two members of the Lille coaching staff to support him at Tottenhman Hotspur, José Mourinho's approach was questioned by the Ligue 1 manager Christophe Galtier.
Lille poaching Mou
Mourinho was appointed the new Spurs manager on Wednesday morning, following the dismissal of the Argentine the evening before. By the end of the day, both Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos were confirmed as part of his coaching team.
"Everyone has their way of doing things. It's very classy, really classy to act that way," he said during the press conference prior to the game against PSG, with a huge dose of irony picked up by all who heard it.
Asked whether he felt stabbed in the back, Galtier was more understanding of the situation.
"I don't know if it should be interpreted like this. The president called me on Tuesday and told me Mourinho's decision.
"He was very angry. I agree with his decision, but it doesn't come in a good time."
He ended with a simple acceptance that, "It's football."
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"