Mourinho criticised for Spurs coaching team appointments
The Lille coach fired out a less than subtle dig in the direction of the Portuguese manager after he hired his support team from the Ligue 1 outfit.
After signing up two members of the Lille coaching staff to support him at Tottenhman Hotspur, José Mourinho's approach was questioned by the Ligue 1 manager Christophe Galtier.
Lille poaching Mou
Mourinho was appointed the new Spurs manager on Wednesday morning, following the dismissal of the Argentine the evening before. By the end of the day, both Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos were confirmed as part of his coaching team.
"Everyone has their way of doing things. It's very classy, really classy to act that way," he said during the press conference prior to the game against PSG, with a huge dose of irony picked up by all who heard it.
Asked whether he felt stabbed in the back, Galtier was more understanding of the situation.
"I don't know if it should be interpreted like this. The president called me on Tuesday and told me Mourinho's decision.
"He was very angry. I agree with his decision, but it doesn't come in a good time."
He ended with a simple acceptance that, "It's football."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?