Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
The Argentine manager was sacked so abruptly that he never got a chance to say a proper goodbye but he says "you will always be in our hearts."
Spurs' former manager, Mauricio Pochettino, was sacked on Tuesday night with Jose Mourinho replacing him on the bench. His sacking was so abrupt that he didn't get to say a proper goodbye to the players he coached for almost six years.
In the age of social media, however, he did get a chance to send them an 'Adios' with Jesús Pérez, assistant manager to Poch, posting a photo of his farewell to the squad.
"Big thanks to you all. We couldn't say goodbye, you will always be in our hearts..."
Pochettino brought Spurs to the Champions League final and made them serial top-four finishers during his time with the club. He moved from Southampton in 2014 having managed Espanyol for three years before that.
There is plenty of speculation as to what the Argentine will do next with Manchester United and Real Madrid previously showing an interest in him. Both clubs are on upward trajectories recently, however, and Bayern Munich have been mentioned as a possible landing spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news