Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
The Argentine manager was sacked so abruptly that he never got a chance to say a proper goodbye but he says "you will always be in our hearts."
Spurs' former manager, Mauricio Pochettino, was sacked on Tuesday night with Jose Mourinho replacing him on the bench. His sacking was so abrupt that he didn't get to say a proper goodbye to the players he coached for almost six years.
In the age of social media, however, he did get a chance to send them an 'Adios' with Jesús Pérez, assistant manager to Poch, posting a photo of his farewell to the squad.
"Big thanks to you all. We couldn't say goodbye, you will always be in our hearts..."
Pochettino brought Spurs to the Champions League final and made them serial top-four finishers during his time with the club. He moved from Southampton in 2014 having managed Espanyol for three years before that.
There is plenty of speculation as to what the Argentine will do next with Manchester United and Real Madrid previously showing an interest in him. Both clubs are on upward trajectories recently, however, and Bayern Munich have been mentioned as a possible landing spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?