Real Madrid: Ronaldo would love to have Vinicius at Valladolid
The former Real Madrid forward defended his young compatriot Vinicius and suggested without him last season would have been even worse at the Bernabéu.
Former Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has defended Vinicius Junior in the wake of the young forward’s peripheral status at the Bernabéu and suggested that last season would have been considerably worse for the then-European champions without the 19-year-old in the squad.
“He’s a great player,” the Brazil legend said during an interview with Fox Sports Brasil. “He had a great season last year and he practically saved Real Madrid from even worse failure.”
Ronaldo: "I'd love to be able to have Vinicius"
Ronaldo, who now owns Real Valladolid, has long been an admirer of Vinicius, who arrived at the Bernabéu from Flamengo in 2018 but has seen his place in the Madrid side and the Brazil national team squad usurped this campaign by Rodrygo, and has previously attempted to land the teenager on loan from his former club. “I’d love to be able to have him. But he still has a lot to learn, he still indulges himself. And to make matters worse Rodrygo is in great form, he is displaying great composure and he’s surprised everyone.”
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: LaLiga title race now a capital affair
- Climate News Carbon Tax: What is it and who is calling for the federal government to implement one?
- Real Madrid Kroos' season could be over after covid-19 contact
- FA CUP FA Cup prize money: how much do the winners get?
- Coupe de France final PSG: Neymar banned for Coupe de France final against Monaco
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?