Real Madrid: Bale back in squad, Vinicius left out again
Gareth Bale has returned to the Real Madrid squad for Saturday's LaLiga clash with Real Sociedad, but Vinicius Júnior has been overlooked.
Gareth Bale is in the Real Madrid squad to face Real Sociedad on Saturday, but Vinicus Júnior has again been left out by head coach Zinedine Zidane.
Vinicius' omission comes despite the Brazilian spending the entire international break training under Zidane and seemingly being fully fit to play.
Bale in Real Madrid squad for first time in over a month
Having been at the centre of controversy in recent days, Bale is named in a matchday squad for the first time since Madrid's LaLiga win over Granada on 5 October.
The 30-year-old, who returned from a month-long injury absence to play in Wales' final two Euro 2020 qualifiers this international week, raised eyebrows on Tuesday by posing with a flag reading "Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order" as the Welsh celebrated reaching next summer's finals.
James, Lucas ruled out by injury
Zidane is unable to call on recent injury victims James Rodríguez and Lucas Vázquez, and longer-term absentees Nacho Fernández and Marco Asensio.
Real Madrid squad to face Real Sociedad:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Bale, Jović and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live