Atlético: Diego Costa leaves hospital after successful neck operation
Atlético de Madrid have confirmed Diego Costa's surgery on a cervical disc herniation was a success.
Diego Costa has been discharged from hospital after undergoing surgery on his neck, Atlético de Madrid have confirmed. Atlético said this week that the striker had gone under the knife after tests found he had suffered a cervical disk herniation.
Diego Costa out until the New Year
Brazil-born Spain international Costa was allowed to leave hospital on Friday after his operation but is expected to be out of action for up to three months. "The functional recovery period is to begin after a few days of rest," said a short Atlético statement.
Costa has scored twice in 15 appearances in all competitions this season, having struggled to match the initial impact of new signing João Félix or the recent form of Álvaro Morata.
Chance for Atleti's Poveda
Atleti, one point off the top of LaLiga in third place, are away to Granada on Saturday. B-team striker Darío Poveda is part of the 18-man squad for the match and could make his first senior appearance for Diego Simeone's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC Conor McGregor vs Poirier live online: UFC 257 from Fight Island
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: update and rundown on Biden's $1.9 trillion relief bill
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever