Atlético: Diego Costa leaves hospital after successful neck operation
Atlético de Madrid have confirmed Diego Costa's surgery on a cervical disc herniation was a success.
Diego Costa has been discharged from hospital after undergoing surgery on his neck, Atlético de Madrid have confirmed. Atlético said this week that the striker had gone under the knife after tests found he had suffered a cervical disk herniation.
Diego Costa out until the New Year
Brazil-born Spain international Costa was allowed to leave hospital on Friday after his operation but is expected to be out of action for up to three months. "The functional recovery period is to begin after a few days of rest," said a short Atlético statement.
Costa has scored twice in 15 appearances in all competitions this season, having struggled to match the initial impact of new signing João Félix or the recent form of Álvaro Morata.
Chance for Atleti's Poveda
Atleti, one point off the top of LaLiga in third place, are away to Granada on Saturday. B-team striker Darío Poveda is part of the 18-man squad for the match and could make his first senior appearance for Diego Simeone's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires