Juventus have Cristiano back for Atlético, but it's not all good
The Champions League tie on Tuesday evening will see a return to action for Ronaldo as the Italian giants look to secure top spot in Group D.
Juventus reported on Sunday that Cristiano Ronaldo had fully recovered and will be able to play the Champions League clash against Atlético Madrid on Tuesday. Douglas Costa, on the other hand, will miss out.
Ronaldo all ready for Old Lady
After confirming their place at the top of Serie A with a 3-1 comeback win over Atalanta on Saturday, Juventus trained on Sunday at the Continassa sports center, and Cristiano completed it along with the rest of his teammates. The Portuguese forward did not take part in the weekend game in Bergamo as he recovered from some knee discomfort, and clearly there was one eye on having him fresh for the Turin task against the Spaniards. The Vecchia Signora sit on top of Group D, three points ahead of Diego Simeone's side, and know only a loss would put top spot in doubt.
Maurizio Sarri will, however, be without Douglas Costa for the match. The Brazilian underwent medical examinations that detected an injury to his right thigh, one that will keep him out for around two weeks.
De Ligt dislocation
There was also news on injuries to two other players in the club statement.
'Following diagnostic tests carried out this morning at J|Medical, it emerged that Matthjis de Ligt suffered a dislocated right shoulder in yesterday's match and has now began the appropriate therapies and recovery.
Therapy and recovery also for Federico Bernardeschi, who yesterday suffered a bruise to the right hemithorax.'
You will be able to follow live coverage of Juventus vs Atlético with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live