Rafinha's tattoo choice after Flamengo's Copa Libertadores
Ex-Bayern Munich defender Rafinha has tattoos to mark his triumphs in football, and Flamengo's Copa Libertadores win will now be included.
Rafinha promised to decorate his heavily-inked body with a new tattoo to celebrate Flamengo's first Copa Libertadores title win since 1981.
Latest trophy tattoo for Rafinho
The 34-year-old right-back left Bayern Munich at the end of last season, bringing an end to an eight-year stint with the Bundesliga champions.
He counted a Champions League and seven Bundesliga titles among his honours at Bayern, and Rafinha continued the trend when helping Flamengo to a dramatic 2-1 victory over River Plate in Lima on Saturday.
Following Flamengo's triumph, Rafinha – who has a host of tattoos to represent meaningful moments in his life and career – vowed to ink his skin once more in honour of the victory.
"For sure, I will tattoo it, yes. I like to mark my achievements and the tattoo is a form that I find works," Rafinha told reporters.
"This will certainly have a little space in my body, preferably on my arm, which is where I tattoo my trophies. It will definitely be marked.
"This was my goal, to win titles for Flamengo. I knew it was very difficult because we have one of the most difficult championships in the world, which is the Brazilian championship.
"And consequently the Libertadores which is the Champions League here in South America. I didn't expect to win a first title so soon. I am very happy to have won this title and made a mark in Flamengo's history."
Flamengo looked to be heading to a defeat to defending champions River, but two goals in quick succession from Gabriel Barbosa late on secured a remarkable triumph.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?