Chelsea: N'Golo Kanté reveals why he turned down PSG
The Chelsea midfielder is one of the best players in the world in his position but rejected a lucrative offer to join French champions, Paris-Saint Germain.
N'Golo Kanté is arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world right now. Since he joined Chelsea, the French player has maintained an exceptionally high level to his game - even when he was played out of his natural position by former manager Maurizio Sarri. Kanté also played a key role in helping France to be crowned world champions at last year's World Cup.
Kanté not tempted by PSG offer
Since then, many clubs have been clambering to sign him but the player insists he couldn't be happier at Stamford Bridge. Not even French champions PSG, the biggest club back in his homeland, could tempt him with their large-scale project and the offer of a generous salary, as he told Canal Football Club: "Sometimes, we don't know where we want to be but we know what we have got", Kanté explained. "I knew that I was happy at Chelsea. Not going to PSG was nothing more than a sporting decision".
Three goals in six games for Chelsea's Kanté
The midfielder can't see himself leaving Chelsea in the near future and expects to honour his contract, which expires in June 2023 - simply because he is happy where he is. "I feel good living in London, I feel part of the project and I want to stay". An ankle injury has kept Kanté out of the side for much of the current season but in the six Premier League games he has played, he's scored in half of them - finding the net against Liverpool, Southampton and last weekend against Manchester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?