Aguero set to miss Manchester derby and a "few games"
Pep Guardiola has confirmed Sergio Aguero will be out for a "few games" with a thigh injury, with the striker to miss the Manchester derby.
Sergio Aguero will miss the Manchester derby with a thigh problem sustained in the win over Chelsea, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has confirmed.
Aguero was forced off with the injury in the 77th minute of City's 2-1 victory in the Premier League on Saturday.
Guardiola informed reporters after the match that he believed Aguero's injury was "bad" but could not provide any further details.
However, in his news conference to preview City's Champions League meeting with Shakhtar Donetsk, Guardiola confirmed Aguero will be out of action for several weeks, meaning the striker - who has scored nine league goals this term - will miss the clash with Manchester United on December 7.
"Yes," Guardiola responded when asked if City would be without Aguero for the derby. He will be out for a few games, don't know exactly [how long], a few weeks, but he'll be out."
Guardiola was unable to pinpoint Aguero's exact issue, but suggested the problem was a muscular one in the striker's thigh.
"Exactly where I don't know, his [thigh] tendon, at the front."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund