The Bernabéu may witness the Tuchel-Neymar schism
The Brazilian star and PSG manager have not been seeing eye to eye recently, and there is talk that this may continue against Real Madrid.
On Tuesday, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain will battle it out at the Santiago Bernabéu in the penultimate group game of the Champions League. However, despite this lined up to be a glittering affair, there is a chance that one of the biggest stars, Neymar, is a doubt to start for Thomas Tuchel's side.
Neymar's Tuchel troubles
According to Le Parisien, the German coach has been impressed with the form of Ángel di María (fitness allowing) and Mauro Icardi, and this could see them accompany Kylian Mbappé, leaving the Brazilian on the bench. After the reaction from Neymar after being substituted in the win over Lille at the Parc des Princes on Friday night - one that Tuchel said he'd deal with internally - this may be even less of a surprise.
Neymar, the paper states, was really keen to play in this fixture, but may have to wait to be called upon. Le Parisien go so far as to describe the sub situation as a "snub towards the most expensive player in history." Zidane, whether being honest or not, announced that he'd like to see him play, 'for the viewing public."
The stunning 3-0 win in the first leg in Paris was achieved without the suspended Neymar but he is hoping to make an impression when he takes to the field in front of a home crowd that will not have forgotten his past, and possibly future, connections with their Catalan rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?