Real Madrid the move for Mbappé, says Karembeu
Kylian Mbappe will be the next French star in Spain amid links to Real Madrid, according to Christian Karembeu.
Former Real Madrid midfielder Christian Karembeu backed Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé to join the LaLiga giants.
Mbappé to Madrid for Karembeu
Mbappé continues to be heavy linked with a blockbuster switch to Madrid heading into Tuesday's Champions League showdown at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has made no secret of his admiration for the 20-year-old France international, saying: "I am already in love with him", on the eve of the PSG's trip to the Spanish capital.
Frenchman Karembeu, who won two Champions League titles during his time at Madrid, tipped compatriot Mbappe to link up with Zidane's side.
"I think the next star or big move [in La Liga] will be [Kylian] Mbappé," Karembeu said via LaLiga when asked who will be the next French star in Spain. "I surprise you!
"Ok, we know that there's already [Ferland] Mendy [Madrid], [Ousmane] Dembele [Barcelona, [Karim] Benzema [Madrid]. There are rumours that [Manchester United midfielder Paul] Pogba will come.
"[Antoine] Griezmann [Barcelona] has shown his skills already. Why not, like I said, Mbappé?"
Mbappé – a World Cup winner in 2018 – has scored five Ligue 1 goals this season and nine across all competitions for Thomas Tuchel's PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71