Ibrahimovic's coming home? Striker makes Hammarby hint
Almost two decades after leaving his homeland, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has implied in a cryptic message that he might be moving back to Sweden.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has a teased a possible return to Sweden by suggesting he may have signed for Allsvenskan side Hammarby. The 38-year-old, who is a free agent, used Instagram to publish an animation of a Hammarby shirt bearing his name. He tagged the club's account in the post but offered no further insight into the meaning of the message.
Zlatan up for grabs
Ibrahimovic, who began his career with Malmö, has been on the lookout for a new club since confirming his departure from MLS side LA Galaxy in November. Routinely linked to several Serie A clubs, the former Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United star has never hidden from speculation over his future, and has often fuelled such talk.
Ibrahimovic suggested in October that he was "coming back" to Spain, but the clue proved to be a promotion for a new commercial venture. Galaxy head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto claimed the enigmatic striker wanted to end his career in Italy. Bologna, where the Swede's confidant Sinisa Mihajlovic is in charge, appeared a possible destination.
AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli described Ibrahimovic as a "great champion" but said January additions were not yet being discussed at San Siro, while José Mourinho ruled out any chance of a reunion at Tottenham. "It doesn't make sense to sign him when we have Harry Kane," Mourinho, who managed Ibrahimovic at Inter Milan and Manchester United, explained on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?