Cristiano Ronaldo returns to Juventus squad for Atlético
Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the Juventus squad for the Champions League while Matthijs de Ligt and Federico Bernardeschi pass late fitness tests.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named in the Juventus squad for Tuesday's Champions League home game against Atletico Madrid after being passed fit having missed out on the victory over Atalanta at the weekend with a niggling knee issue.
Ronaldo was a doubt for the Group D clash in Turin but the Portugal superstar has been included in an initial 20-man squad, with Matthijs de Ligt and Federico Bernardeschi also making the list after head coach Maurizio Sarri suggested they needed to be evaluated for the game.
Ronaldo and Sarri have both denied there is a problem in their relationship after the attacker was substituted two league games running prior to the international break when Juve were chasing a winning goal.
Ronaldo aiming to add to his Atlético tally
Former Real Madrid forward Ronaldo has scored 25 goals against Atlético in all competitions, including four hat-tricks.
Two of those were scored in the Champions League, with a treble in March 2019 against Atlético turning the tie around for Juventus and booking a quarter-final spot.
Juve are top of Group D, three points clear of Atlético, and have already secured their place in the next round.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?