Cristiano Ronaldo returns to Juventus squad for Atlético
Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the Juventus squad for the Champions League while Matthijs de Ligt and Federico Bernardeschi pass late fitness tests.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named in the Juventus squad for Tuesday's Champions League home game against Atletico Madrid after being passed fit having missed out on the victory over Atalanta at the weekend with a niggling knee issue.
Ronaldo was a doubt for the Group D clash in Turin but the Portugal superstar has been included in an initial 20-man squad, with Matthijs de Ligt and Federico Bernardeschi also making the list after head coach Maurizio Sarri suggested they needed to be evaluated for the game.
Ronaldo and Sarri have both denied there is a problem in their relationship after the attacker was substituted two league games running prior to the international break when Juve were chasing a winning goal.
Ronaldo aiming to add to his Atlético tally
Former Real Madrid forward Ronaldo has scored 25 goals against Atlético in all competitions, including four hat-tricks.
Two of those were scored in the Champions League, with a treble in March 2019 against Atlético turning the tie around for Juventus and booking a quarter-final spot.
Juve are top of Group D, three points clear of Atlético, and have already secured their place in the next round.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online