Late equaliser not enough for Club Brugge
Krepin Diatta scored a stoppage time equaliser to give Club Brugge a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in their Champions League Group A clash on Tuesday.
Krepin Diatta scored a stoppage time equaliser to give Club Brugge a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in their Champions League Group A clash on Tuesday which likely put his side into the Europa League in the new year.
Two red cards for celebrating equaliser
Diatta cut in from the wing in the 92nd minute to hammer home from distance, only to get sent off for a second caution as he took off his shirt in celebration.
Defender Clinton Mata got a second booking at the same time for kicking the corner flag in a bizarre ending to the match.
Real Madrid benefit
Brugge have three points to Galatasaray's two as both fell out of contention for the knockout stage, meaning Real Madrid, on seven points, join Paris St Germain in the last 16 before their clash kicked off in the Spanish capital later on Tuesday.
Galatasaray finish Group A away at PSG while the Belgians host Real also on Dec. 11. A third place finish would ensure passage to the knockout stage of the second tier Europa League.
Real Madrid conceded two late goals to draw with PSG at the Bernabéu, meaning the French side will top the group, no matter what happens in the last round of matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale needs to find his positive confidence, says Mourinho
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo reaches yet another goal milestone
- Coronavirus Bipartisan stimulus bill: what’s in the $900 billion proposal?
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out at Real Madrid?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5