Champions League draw date and teams qualified for knockout stages
Check when and where the draw for the last 16 will take place. Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Manchester City, RB Leipzig and Juventus have already booked their place
The 2019/20 Champions League group stage is coming to a close, with the fifth matchday now having finished. Groups A, B, C and D played on Tuesday night, while Groups E, F, G and H took to the field on Wednesday this week in Europe's premier club competition. Eight teams have now booked their place in the next stage of the tournament.
Teams qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League
Where and when is the draw for the second round of the Champions League?
The draw for the last 16 of the Champions League will take place on 16 December at 12:00 noon at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
After the Champions League draw, at around 1pm, the draw for the first knockout round of the Europa League will take place, featuring 32 teams.
Champions League draw rules
The draw for the last 16 of the Champions League is done in line with a number of conditions. Teams who have already played together in the group stages cannot be drawn together, nor can teams from the same country.
The teams who finished top of their group will meet second placed qualifiers. Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona and Manchester City have won their groups, while Real Madrid and Tottenham are through but cannot improve on second place. Meanwhile, RB Leipzig are through, but could finish first or second.
Champions League last 16 dates
The games in the last 16 of the Champions League 2019/20 will be played on fourth different dates for each leg. The first legs will be on 18,19, 25 and 26 February, with the second legs on 10, 11, 17 and 18 of March.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?