Champions League: Who can Real Madrid face in last 16?
After their qualification for the last 16 as Group A runners-up was confirmed on Tuesday, Real Madrid now know three possible opponents.
Real Madrid now know three of their possible Champions League last-16 opponents after their qualification from Group A was confirmed on Tuesday night.
Real Madrid to go through to last 16 as runners-up
Coupled with Club Brugge's 1-1 stalemate with Galatasaray, Madrid's 2-2 draw with Paris Saint-Germain ensured Los Blancos will progress to the knockout stages as runners-up, with the Frenchmen now certain to top the group.
Zinedine Zidane's men will face a last-16 tie against a group winner, but cannot be drawn against PSG in the first knockout round after playing them in the round-robin stage. Clubs from the same country also cannot be paired with each other.
Madrid can face Juventus, Man City and Bayern in last 16
Having joined PSG in being crowned winners of their groups in Tuesday's matchday-five fixtures, Juventus, Manchester City and Bayern Munich have therefore become Madrid's first three possible opponents in the next round.
The winners of Groups E, F, G and H are still to be decided, with Barcelona (who Madrid cannot face) and Liverpool guaranteed to top their sections if they beat Borussia Dortmund and Napoli, respectively, on Wednesday evening.
The draw for the Champions League last 16 takes place in Nyon, Switzerland, on 16 December.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem