Real Madrid offer Hazard injury update
Real Madrid have given an optimistic assessment on Eden Hazard after the Belgian winger suffered a knock in the Champions League clash with PSG.
Real Madrid can breathe a sigh of relief.
According to the medical report released by the club on Wednesday, Eden Hazard has suffered "an external bruise on his right leg", with the Belgian winger set for a short spell on the side-lines of around 10 days.
This means Hazard will miss the next two league games against Alavés and Espanyol, and the inconsequential Champions League clash with Club Brugge, but will be available again for the all-important ties against Valencia (15 December) and Barcelona (December 18).
Madrid alarm bells raised over Hazard injury
The Belgian international left the field of play in the 68th minute of the game against PSG after he suffered a strong knock from his compatriot Thomas Meunier.
After briefly returning to the pitch, Hazard had to come again and was helped to the dressing room by medical staff.
The incident had raised alarm bells at the club as the injury had occurred in the same area where the ex-Chelsea player had had a titanium plate inserted years ago.
“It worries me. He’s hurts. It was more than a blow. I hope it is minor," Zinedine Zidane said after the game.
But after the optimistic assessments from medical staff at Madrid’s Sanitas clinic in La Moraleja, Zidane can rest easy knowing the 28-year-old forward will be back in time for the crunch ties before the Christmas break.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments