Irate Malmo fans set Zlatan statue on fire
"Himmelsblått" supporters earlier hung a toilet seat on the statue but took their frustration one step further on Wednesday night setting fire to the statue.
Following the news that Zlatan Ibrahimovic had become a part owner of Allsvenskan club Hammarby, Malmo fans earlier issued a statement stating the Rosengard born had "burned all bridges" with the club and city with the sky-blue supporters angry that the city native would take a stake in a Stockholm based club.
📆 October 2019 - Malmo build statue of club legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic.— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) November 27, 2019
📆 November 2019 - Malmo fans set fire to the statue after Zlatan buys a 50% stake in rivals Hammarby.pic.twitter.com/mhxpHaignk
Kaveh Hosseinpour, vice chairman of Malmo supporters’ group MFF, spoke to local outlet Fotbollskanalen stating: “I have not heard anyone who thinks this is good. Everyone is extremely critical. Some are disappointed, some are angry and some think it is idiotic".
Earlier during Wednesday, the statue of Zlatan, who played for his home-town club for two years in 1999 was adorned with a toilet seat and later a plastic bag covered up the player's head. Events took a turn for the worse after nightfall with angry masked supporters setting fire to the nine foot bronze statue.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online