Irate Malmo fans set Zlatan statue on fire
"Himmelsblått" supporters earlier hung a toilet seat on the statue but took their frustration one step further on Wednesday night setting fire to the statue.
Following the news that Zlatan Ibrahimovic had become a part owner of Allsvenskan club Hammarby, Malmo fans earlier issued a statement stating the Rosengard born had "burned all bridges" with the club and city with the sky-blue supporters angry that the city native would take a stake in a Stockholm based club.
📆 October 2019 - Malmo build statue of club legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic.— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) November 27, 2019
📆 November 2019 - Malmo fans set fire to the statue after Zlatan buys a 50% stake in rivals Hammarby.pic.twitter.com/mhxpHaignk
Kaveh Hosseinpour, vice chairman of Malmo supporters’ group MFF, spoke to local outlet Fotbollskanalen stating: “I have not heard anyone who thinks this is good. Everyone is extremely critical. Some are disappointed, some are angry and some think it is idiotic".
Earlier during Wednesday, the statue of Zlatan, who played for his home-town club for two years in 1999 was adorned with a toilet seat and later a plastic bag covered up the player's head. Events took a turn for the worse after nightfall with angry masked supporters setting fire to the nine foot bronze statue.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?