Erling Haaland makes Champions League history
The 19-year-old was on target again bagging a late fourth as Salzburg won away in Genk and is the first teenager in history to score in 5 consecutive Champions League games.
The hottest young striker in European football, Erling Braut Haaland is the son of former Leeds United and Manchester City defender Alf-Inge Håland with Erling making the move from Norway's Molde to the Austrian Bundesliga with RB Salzburg in January 2019.
5 - Red Bull Salzburg’s Erling Haaland has become the first teenager in the history of the European Cup/UEFA Champions League to score in five consecutive appearances in the competition. Famous. #UCL pic.twitter.com/6YYNOVXFgb— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 27, 2019
Apart from his prolific goal scoring exploits in the domestic Austrian league and cup, the Norwegian on Wednesday, became the first teenager in the history of the European Cup/UEFA Champions League to score in five consecutive appearances in the competition.
The player was a second half substitute as his RB Salzburg side won away in Genk (Blegium) with the striker bagging an 87th minute goal to secure a 1-4 win for his side in the Champions League clash and complete a page of history in the European football annals following previous goals in games against Napoli and Liverpool.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Real Madrid: Mbappé operation could cause a domino effect
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard rues missing out on 'leader' Rice
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid among list of clubs interested in 'frustrated' Kane
- PREMIER LEAGUE Watkins fires Villa in front
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid edge Barça in Clásicos won: 97-96
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard