Fabinho injury a major worry for Jurgen Klopp
Liverpool manager Klopp faces an anxious wait to discover the extent of the injury suffered by his key midfielder Fabinho in Wednesday's 1-1 Champions League draw with Napoli.
Brazilian midfielder Fabinho hobbled off in the 19th minute of the Champions League clash at Anfield with an ankle injury, being replaced by Dutchman Georgino Wijnaldum.
"The biggest things is the Fabinho injury, that's massive," said Klopp. It's early and we all hope it's not too serious but it's pretty painful and in an area you don't want to have pain, around the ankle," added the German.
Asked by reporters how serious the injury could be, Klopp said: "I don't want to say what I expect because I hope it is not serious. He has pain, which is not good. He couldn't continue. I hope it is not that serious. We'll know more maybe tomorrow or the day after."
Liverpool are entering a vital phase of the season with 10 games before the end of the year, including the trip to Salzburg in the final Champions League Group E fixture where the European champions need at least a point to progress to the last 16.
Fabinho has become essential to the way Klopp's side play and there is no real like-for-like replacement for him in the squad.
The busy December fixture list also sees the Premier League leaders playing two games in the Club World Cup in Qatar.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford