Liverpool are world's best, but Salzburg have chance - Haaland
RB Salzburg can cause an upset when they host Liverpool in the Champions League next month and Erling Haaland feels they are capable.
Erling Haaland has labelled Liverpool the "world's best team", but feels RB Salzburg have a chance against the Champions League holders next month.
Haaland continued his goalscoring form in Salzburg's 4-1 win at Genk on Wednesday as they stayed alive in Group E.
Salzburg host European champions Liverpool next month and a 1-0 win would be enough to send them into the last 16.
"If we are at our top level, we have a chance" - Haaland
Haaland, who is up to 27 goals in 19 games this season, believes in his team, although he praised the Premier League leaders.
"They are the world's best team," the striker said, via UEFA.com.
"But we know we are good at home and if we are at our top level, we have a chance."
Haaland became the first teenager in the history of the European Cup/Champions League to score in five straight appearances in the competition thanks to his late goal against Genk.
However, the 19-year-old was unfazed by setting that mark, saying he simply wanted to help his team.
"It's a nice record to have, but I don't really care so much about the records," he told Sky Sport Austria. "I just care about my team."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?