Liverpool are world's best, but Salzburg have chance - Haaland
RB Salzburg can cause an upset when they host Liverpool in the Champions League next month and Erling Haaland feels they are capable.
Erling Haaland has labelled Liverpool the "world's best team", but feels RB Salzburg have a chance against the Champions League holders next month.
Haaland continued his goalscoring form in Salzburg's 4-1 win at Genk on Wednesday as they stayed alive in Group E.
Salzburg host European champions Liverpool next month and a 1-0 win would be enough to send them into the last 16.
"If we are at our top level, we have a chance" - Haaland
Haaland, who is up to 27 goals in 19 games this season, believes in his team, although he praised the Premier League leaders.
"They are the world's best team," the striker said, via UEFA.com.
"But we know we are good at home and if we are at our top level, we have a chance."
Haaland became the first teenager in the history of the European Cup/Champions League to score in five straight appearances in the competition thanks to his late goal against Genk.
However, the 19-year-old was unfazed by setting that mark, saying he simply wanted to help his team.
"It's a nice record to have, but I don't really care so much about the records," he told Sky Sport Austria. "I just care about my team."
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"