Kylian Mbappé: "Real Madrid will wait for me"
The fomer vice-president of AS Mónaco is convinced that the now-PSG forward will be playing in a Los Blancos shirt before too long.
In the last week, mixed in with the excitement over PSG's visit to the Santiago Bernabéu for Champions League duty, rumours have been rife - not for the first time - about the possible arrival of Kylian Mbappé to the Real Madrid ranks. And a man that was close to the young star says it's just a matter of time.
Mbappé to Madrid is "inevitable"
As the Parisien giants continue to try and convince their national treasure to renew his contract with them, Los Blancos manager Zinedine Zidane has been throwing out further 'love' in his compatriot's direction in order to tighten the bond even further. Following the 2-2 draw on Tuesday evening, Vadim Vasilyev, former vice president of the player's previous club AS Monaco, told Le Parisien that he only sees Mbappé's future at the LaLiga side.
"When? I don't know," Vasilyev answered, "but it seems Inevitable.
"The offer from Real Madrid [before the move to PSG] was very interesting for Monaco, and he [Mbappé] told me:
'Vadim, it's too soon for me. I haven't played more than a year in my own country. I'm from Paris and I don't want to leave my country right now. I want to become a great player here. Real Madrid will wait for me'."
Mbappé will have to decide where he next puts pen to paper in the coming months, with a bumper new package for a stay in his home city, or for the chance to play for Europe's most successful ever club.
Te recomendamos en English
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump expected to invest $1 trillion
- Donald Trump Is the nude picture of Donald Trump leaked by Anonymous real?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: dates and kick-off times released
- george floyd Kanye West launches college fund for George Floyd's daughter