Barcelona to debut new 'senyera' shirt against Atlético Madrid
The Spanish champions announced on Thursday that they will wear their fourth-choice strip in LaLiga's big clash of the weekend at the Wanda Metropolitano.
FC Barcelona announced on Thursday that they will take to the field on Sunday wearing their fourth-choice kit, the one based on the 'Senyera' symbol.
Barcelona debut Senyera shirt
Lionel Messi and his teammates have struggled on most of their travels this season and on Sunday go to traditionally one of the most challenging away trips in the campaign. Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid are having their own problems, despite many followers of Spanish football making them strong contenders for a title tilt, but they will welcome the champions to the Wanda Metropolitano hoping to turn their fortunes around.
📆 Diumenge 1 de desembre— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona_cat) November 28, 2019
📍 Wanda Metropolitano
For the first time, we will get to see Barça's new strip which features the four red stripes of the Catalan flag on top of the bright yellow background. They say this is 'in honour of the club's roots and history' and that despite growing over the past 120 years to a global brand that can 'build bridges between people' they have 'not lost their sense of Catalan identity, culture and values.' The shirt was originally launched earlier in the month.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension