LIGUE 1 | PSG
Napoli: PSG on verge of sealing Allan signing in January
The Ligue 1 champions are in the market for a midfielder and will go back for the Brazil international, paving the way for Julian Draxler to leave.
PSG were strongly linked with a move for Napoli and Brazil midfielder Allan last summer and the Ligue 1 champions have reportedly reached a verbal agreement to sign the 28-year-old in January.
According to reports in Italy, negotiations between the two clubs have been reopened and PSG have agreed a deal in principle with the player, who joined Napoli from Udinese in 2015 for a fee of €11.5m. PSG are likely to have to stump up in the region of five times that amount to land Allan, who signed a contract extension at the San Paolo last year running until 2023.
PSG need to sell Draxler to fund Allan deal
PSG sporting director Leonardo has been in contact with Allan’s agent Juan Manuel Gemmeli but the French club will have to try and knock down the €90m price quoted by Aurelio De Laurentiis last summer, which PSG were unable to meet due to Financial Fair Play commitments. The Napoli president is open to offers for Allan, who was apparently not amused by not being allowed to leave last summer and has played only nine games this season under Carlo Ancelotti.
PSG, meanwhile, will have to try and persuade Julian Draxler to leave the Parc des Princes to accommodate Allan. The Germany midfielder is surplus to requirements in Paris but has said he does not want to leave despite interest from Inter Milan. Tottenham offered €40m for Draxler last summer but he elected to remain at PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Premier League Lloris explains bust-up with Spurs team-mate Son
- Football Man Utd and Man City battling for Koulibaly and Skriniar
- Coronavirus FC Dallas out of MLS is Back Tournament due to Covid-19 cases
- BARCELONA Bartomeu confident of ninth Messi Barcelona renewal
- Qatar 2022 Aspire's online program aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle