Willian: "I'm happy at Chelsea but my future is in their hands"
Chelsea forward Willian is into the final year of his contract but is committed to staying on at Stamford Bridge if offered a new deal.
Willian has stated that his wish is to continue with Chelsea despite having not been offered a new deal by the Premier League side. The Brazil international is now in his seventh season at Stamford Bridge and his contract expires in June. But the player, who turns 32 next year, intends to stay on in London and is waiting for discussions to begin over fresh terms.
"I feel happy here," he told reporters. "I feel happy to play for this club but the situation is not in my hands. It's in their hands. I'm waiting for them. They know what I want, what I want to do, so I wait for them."
Manager Frank Lampard recently called on Chelsea chiefs to award Willian with an extension and the forward says will bide his time. "I don't want to talk to [other clubs] because I have a contract until the end of the season," he said. "I am a Chelsea player but I just want to say the club know what I want to do."
Chelsea, third in Group H, level on points with Valencia
Willian made his 17th appearance of the season on Wednesday in Chelsea's 2-2 Champions League draw with Valencia, playing 80 minutes before being replaced by Mason Mount. Daniel Wass scored eight minutes from time for Valencia to leave Lampard's side potentially needing a home victory over Lille next month to advance to the last 16.
"The end of the game was crazy and it's difficult to play at Valencia with the atmosphere," said Willian. "At least we got a point and now we have a decider at home. I think we got a little bit lucky but it was like this so now we go to the game against Lille."
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?