Real Madrid: Zidane recalls Vinicius as cover for Hazard
After missing out on five of Real Madrid's last eight match day squads, the Brazilian has been reinstated due to injuries to Eden Hazard and Lucas Vázquez.
Zinedine Zidane has recalled Vinicius Junior to the Real Madrid squad for the game against Alavés on Saturday after the Brazilian’s recent absence from the list. Injuries to Eden Hazard, Lucas Vázquez and the long-term absence of Marco Asensio has opened the door for Vinicius to stake his claim for more playing time, although he will probably have to do so from the bench with Rodrygo and Gareth Bale currently ahead of him in the pecking order.
Vinicius back in the fold
Zidane said earlier on Friday that Vinicius would not be going out on loan in January and that his chance would come and the knock Hazard suffered at the hands of his international teammate Thomas Meunier has offered the teenager another crack at the whip.
Another fringe player who has been mostly an observer this season, Álvaro Odriozola, is also in the squad for the first time since the 1-0 defeat at Mallorca on 19 October, which was also the last time Vinicius was handed a start. The Spain international may be used to hand Dani Carvajal, who has played the full 90 minutes 15 times this season, a rest in Mendizorrotza.
Nacho, who has returned to full training but has not yet been given the green light to play, will remain in Madrid with Real’s injured players James Rodríguez, Vázquez, Raphaël Varane and Asensio.
As has been the case for the majority of the season, Brahim Díaz and his namesake Mariano miss out entirely.
Real Madrid squad for Alavés
Keepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Marcelo, Odriozola, Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Bale, Jović, Vinicius, Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?