Flamengo looking at Diego Costa as Gabigol replacement
Costa is out until the new year with a herniated disk but Copa Libertadores winners, Flamengo, are looking for a replacement for Gabigol.
Filipe Luis' exit last summer to Flamengo resulted in them winning the Copa Libertadores. It might not be the last transfer between the clubs though because they are now looking at his former teammate, Diego Costa, as a replacement for Copa hero Gabigol. That is according to Goal, who say the clubs have initiated contacts on a deal that could be worth between €25 and €30 million.
"He is an ideal player for Flamengo," said Filipe Luis. "For his style of play. He will have the fans on his side quickly and I hope to be here to live that dream. It was be great." After being offered another year on his deal, Filipe Luis rejected that and returned home where he quickly added two titles to his CV.
Costa has been ruled out with a herniated disk in his back and could spend the next couple of months on the sideline. The situation is like dèjá vú for Simeone, who lost his strike with a foot injury last year around the same time. He didn't return then until February and is not the same player he once was since he moved from Chelsea back to Atlético Madrid in 2017.
There was an offer during his time at Chelsea from China, which would have seen him make €100 million for three season. He rejected it. The one issue with his return to Brazil is his high wages, currently around €10 million. Dani Alves is the highest paid in the country at present on around €3.5 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTER MILAN Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears
- LaLiga Real Madrid go top after hard fought win in Valladolid
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Real Valladolid: LaLiga Santander
- Tragedy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links