Messi undoubtedly the best footballer in history, says Bartomeu
Lionel Messi is considered among the greats, but there is no doubt in Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu's mind.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has said there is no doubt that Lionel Messi is the greatest player of all-time.
Messi, 32, is tipped to win a record sixth Ballon d'Or on Monday after enjoying another fine year.
The Argentina forward is often discussed among the greatest players ever, alongside the likes of Diego Maradona, Pele and Cristiano Ronaldo.
But Bartomeu, whose club celebrated their 120th anniversary on Friday, has no doubt.
President Josep Maria Bartomeu talks about Leo Messi’s influence on the Club, 120 years after its founding. pic.twitter.com/raETu7PwcM— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) November 29, 2019
Bartomeu: Mess the best in history
"Without a doubt Leo Messi is the best player in football history, he has made a huge mark on the world of football," he told the club's website.
"There is no club in the world that has had as much success as Barca, with a player that has won six Golden Boots or has five Ballon d'Or awards.
"He is a different player, who changes the dynamics of a game and creates incredible moments.
"It has helped us to be more global and, compared to other times, has created a very strong era and we will be transformed by this era of the team and Messi."
Barcelona are top of LaLiga ahead of visiting Atlético Madrid on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim