Dembélé to alternate treatment between Qatar and Barcelona
Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé is to receive treatment in Qatar as he recovers from a hamstring injury that will keep him out of the Clásico.
Ousmane Dembélé will receive treatment on his injured hamstring at a sports medicine hospital in Qatar, Barcelona have confirmed.
Dembélé is expected to be sidelined until February by the injury to his right hamstring, which he sustained during the first half of Barça's 3-1 win over his former club Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old will be unavailable during a tricky run of fixtures for the LaLiga champions, who face Atlético Madrid on Sunday before matches against Mallorca, Inter, Real Sociedad and Real Madrid.
Dembélé's injury is the latest in a string of fitness issues he has suffered since his €105 million transfer from Dortmund in August 2017, including three thigh problems, two damaged hamstrings and an ankle sprain.
A statement on the club's official website said: "Ousmane Dembélé is to begin treatment on his right hamstring injury on Sunday, alternating between Aspetar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital in Qatar and work closer to home at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.
"The entire recovery programme is being supervised and run by the FC Barcelona medical services.
"The initial forecast is that the player will be out of action for around 10 weeks."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest