"Messi gets my vote for the Ballon d'Or, he's the best" – Valverde
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has one piece of advice for those voting in this year's Ballon d'Or - just hand the trophy directly to Lionel Messi.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde believes voting for this year's Ballon d'Or couldn't be easier as the best player of the past 12 months is obvious - Lionel Messi. Messi is tipped to win a record sixth Ballon d'Or in Monday's gala in Paris after enjoying another impressive year.
Messi, simply the best, says Valverde
Valverde, whose team visit Atlético de Madrid in LaLiga on Sunday night, said voting should be no problem as Messi is the world's best player. "I don't follow these awards ceremonies because they are too long for my liking. My vote, well, I guess, is the same as yours," he told a news conference. "I would vote for the best, obviously. Ever year you always vote depending on how the seasons have gone for the players. But if you have to give it to the best, let's just give it to Messi and the problem is solved."
Ahead of their trip to the Wanda Metropolitano, Barcelona sit second in LaLiga, three points behind rivals Real Madrid who won away at Alavés on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Florida coronavirus lockdown: how long is it & what are the restrictions?
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic unsure about future - I don't even know what I want
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US unemployment rate, jobless claims by state
- Coronavirus Famous athletes, artists and celebrities with coronavirus: Boris Johnson, Kevin Durant, Dybala...
- PSG PSG: Boca Juniors president rules out Cavani move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid concern for Achraf as Europe's top clubs circle