Monaco-PSG postponed due to severe weather warning
The Ligue 1 match between Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain will not go ahead as scheduled on Sunday because of wet weather.
Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 game away to Monaco has been postponed because of a weather warning.
The teams were due to meet at Stade Louis II on Sunday, but local authorities intervened in the wake of recent torrential rain and flooding in the region.
The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) said on its website that the state of Monaco's interior minister made the decision because of the threat of anticipated heavy rain on Sunday.
Monaco-PSG to be rescheduled
The league's competition commission will reschedule the match for a later date in due course, the LFP said.
PSG, who will host Nantes on Wednesday, sit top of the table, with Monaco hovering just outside the relegation zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?