Manchester United held to draw by Aston Villa
Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer suffered as his team were held to a 2-2 draw at home to lowly Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Man Utd coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer endured another frustrating afternoon as his team were held to a 2-2 draw at home to lowly Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Sunday.
After a wide open start to the game, Jack Grealish fired Villa ahead in the 11th minute, cutting in from the left and then expertly curling the ball into the far, top corner.
Villa substitute Trezeguet had the ball in the net in the 29th minute but his effort was ruled out for offside and three minutes before the break United got a barely deserved equaliser.
A short corner led to Andreas Pereira floating in a deep cross which Marcus Rashford rose well to head against the post with the ball bouncing in off helpless Villa keeper Tom Heaton.
It was another corner routine which led to United taking the lead in the 64th, this time Fred's cross was inadvertently headed to the back post by Villa striker Wesley and United's Swedish defender Victor Lindelof nodded home.
But the lead last only two minutes before Villa got back on level terms, the impressive Matt Targett chipping the ball into the box to an unmarked Tyrone Mings who volleyed home. While the defender looked offside, VAR correctly ruled the goal was valid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Ghana's president goes into a two-weeks self-isolation
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid to play UCL return game in Manchester
- BUNDESLIGA Pep Guardiola 'interfered' and 'knew better' than club doctor
- ALFREDO RELASÑO Zidane, LaLiga, Sergio Ramos and VAR
- QSL Barcelona to wait as Xavi renews as Al-Sadd coach for 20-21 season
- Coronavirus Can coronavirus be spread through the air?