Inter's Marotta: Vidal a player many teams would like to sign
Arturo Vidal this week suggested he could leave Barcelona next year and Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta has hinted at their interest.
Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal is a player many teams would like to sign, according to Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta.
Vidal has featured in 14 of Barça's 19 matches this season, though just four of those appearances have been starts.
The Chile international this week vowed to leave Camp Nou next year should he fail to be given more minutes by Ernesto Valverde, despite having 18 months to run on his contract.
"Thoughts can certainly be made" - Inter chief on Vidal
Inter have been tipped to move for Vidal, who worked with Marotta and head coach Antonio Conte at Juventus, but the Nerazzurri chief said his Barcelona deal must be respected.
"He is an important player on the world stage and both Conte and I are tied to him because of our great past together," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.
"We have great considerations of him. I think a lot of teams would like to sign him, but unfortunately he's at Barcelona. However, thoughts can certainly be made."
Inter beat SPAL 2-1 on Sunday through a Lautaro Martínez brace to leapfrog Juventus at the Serie A summit.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online