Wales won't allow Bale to play golf during Euro 2020
Wales FA's Chief Executive says players can't be risking their health for the sake of golf as Wales will have to move up Bale's list of priorities.
Next June, during the Euros, Wales will not allow Gareth Bale to play golf in an effort to protect their star player's health.
"Ryan is clear to make sure that while in camp our focus should just be on the football," said Jonathan Ford, Wales' FA Chief Executive.
"You can’t be in a situation where you have players risking their health and fitness by playing golf. I appreciate some players look at it differently. You can’t train all day so there has to be some entertainment for the guys. But you have to be careful."
Bale is obviously a massive fan of golf and some suggest he even puts it just behind Wales on his list of priorities. He admitted in an interview with the Daily Mail that he is "obssessed" with the sport and plays whenever he can.
Wales qualified for the Euros with a win over Hungary in their final qualification game. In that game, Bale was vital and he will need to be again in the summer. They play Turkey, Italy and Switzerland in Group A.
Ford also acknowledged the challenges playing in Baku and Italy will present. "Italy and Azerbaijan are going to be pretty warm so it would be remiss of us not to base ourselves somewhere to acclimatise," he said. "We will try to give the team everything they need."
Their first game is against Switzerland on June 13 in Baku. Four days later they plat Turkey in Rome and on 21 June, they will finished up the group stages against Italy in the Stadio Olimpico.
Te recomendamos en English
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump expected to invest $1 trillion
- Donald Trump Is the nude picture of Donald Trump leaked by Anonymous real?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: dates and kick-off times released
- george floyd Kanye West launches college fund for George Floyd's daughter