"Cristiano's next step is to recover his brilliance" - Sarri
Maurizio Sarri spoke after the disappointing draw at home against Sassuolo and considered the improvement of his star number seven.
Juventus had to rely on a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty with around 20 minutes remaining to secure a 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo on Sunday, and manager Maurizio Sarri was, unsurprisingly, asked about the fitness situation of his Portuguese star that has dominated recent headlines.
Sarri on Cristiano's recovery
“The feeling is that he has regained strength,” Sarri said after the game. “He has improved in the final stages.
“The next step is to recover his brilliance.”
It was a disappointing showing from the Serie A champions, not for the first time this season, and Sarri pointed to some of the reasons for them almost losing all the points.
"It was an incredible series of mistakes, a bad back-pass and another that hit a Sassuola player.
"When you aren't completely focused, big errors can happen."
Cristiano played the full 90 minutes at the Juventus Stadium but The Old Lady have dropped behind Inter Milan in the race for the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland's competitive approach rubbing off on Dortmund team mates
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester's Ndidi to miss Man City clash
- Barcelona Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite presentation live online
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Dortmund's golden boys: Reyna, Haaland and Sancho
- Barcelona Braithwaite: "I'm a goalscorer so I'm here to score goals"
- Europa League Getafe vs Ajax live online: Europa League 2019-20