"Cristiano's next step is to recover his brilliance" - Sarri
Maurizio Sarri spoke after the disappointing draw at home against Sassuolo and considered the improvement of his star number seven.
Juventus had to rely on a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty with around 20 minutes remaining to secure a 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo on Sunday, and manager Maurizio Sarri was, unsurprisingly, asked about the fitness situation of his Portuguese star that has dominated recent headlines.
Sarri on Cristiano's recovery
“The feeling is that he has regained strength,” Sarri said after the game. “He has improved in the final stages.
“The next step is to recover his brilliance.”
It was a disappointing showing from the Serie A champions, not for the first time this season, and Sarri pointed to some of the reasons for them almost losing all the points.
"It was an incredible series of mistakes, a bad back-pass and another that hit a Sassuola player.
"When you aren't completely focused, big errors can happen."
Cristiano played the full 90 minutes at the Juventus Stadium but The Old Lady have dropped behind Inter Milan in the race for the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp’s pulling power helped lure Thiago to Liverpool
- REAL MADRID Official: Gareth Bale completes Tottenham loan deal
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale: Tottenham confirm injury which delays return debut
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"