"Cristiano's next step is to recover his brilliance" - Sarri
Maurizio Sarri spoke after the disappointing draw at home against Sassuolo and considered the improvement of his star number seven.
Juventus had to rely on a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty with around 20 minutes remaining to secure a 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo on Sunday, and manager Maurizio Sarri was, unsurprisingly, asked about the fitness situation of his Portuguese star that has dominated recent headlines.
Sarri on Cristiano's recovery
“The feeling is that he has regained strength,” Sarri said after the game. “He has improved in the final stages.
“The next step is to recover his brilliance.”
It was a disappointing showing from the Serie A champions, not for the first time this season, and Sarri pointed to some of the reasons for them almost losing all the points.
"It was an incredible series of mistakes, a bad back-pass and another that hit a Sassuola player.
"When you aren't completely focused, big errors can happen."
Cristiano played the full 90 minutes at the Juventus Stadium but The Old Lady have dropped behind Inter Milan in the race for the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today