"Cristiano's next step is to recover his brilliance" - Sarri
Maurizio Sarri spoke after the disappointing draw at home against Sassuolo and considered the improvement of his star number seven.
Juventus had to rely on a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty with around 20 minutes remaining to secure a 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo on Sunday, and manager Maurizio Sarri was, unsurprisingly, asked about the fitness situation of his Portuguese star that has dominated recent headlines.
Sarri on Cristiano's recovery
“The feeling is that he has regained strength,” Sarri said after the game. “He has improved in the final stages.
“The next step is to recover his brilliance.”
It was a disappointing showing from the Serie A champions, not for the first time this season, and Sarri pointed to some of the reasons for them almost losing all the points.
"It was an incredible series of mistakes, a bad back-pass and another that hit a Sassuola player.
"When you aren't completely focused, big errors can happen."
Cristiano played the full 90 minutes at the Juventus Stadium but The Old Lady have dropped behind Inter Milan in the race for the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"