Rakitic: "I don't understand my situation, I only want to play"
Ivan Rakitic made his second consecutive start for Barcelona last night against Atlético. He told reporters, "There is no better place to play than Barça".
Ivan Rakitic gave conflicting views on his position at Barcelona, on the one hand making a plea for more playing time then stating that there is no other club he would want to play for. Rakitic made his second consecutive start for the Blaugranas on Sunday in the 0-1 win at Atlético de Madrid.
Rakitic: "I still have something to offer"
Rakitic, who has another 18 months to run on his contract with Barça, has hardly figured this season. He has made just three starts in all competitions - two in LaLiga and one in the Champions League and 13 appearances in total. He told Sport that it is a frustrating position for him. "I said that the ball has been taken away from me - to explain how much I enjoy playing football. If I can play, there is no better place than here at Barça. I think I still have something to give. I want to continue enjoying my game, connect with the team and show the coach and my team mates that they can count on me," he said, before adding, "I don't understand my situation but sometimes you can't understand these things, only accept it and try to change it. I think I've shown that I still have a lot left to offer".
Rakitic has linked with a move away from Camp Nou during the winter transfer window. Barcelona would be willing to let him go if an attractive offer comes in. Last night's opponents Atlético and Inter Milan are just two of the clubs who are rumoured to be interested in him.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history