Bayern Munich planning move for Mikel Oyarzabal
Various media outlets in Germany report that the Real Sociedad and Spain forward is high on Bayern Munich's priorities to strengthen the left wing.
The poor season which Bayern Munich are experiencing has prompted the club's technical department to scour the markets in search of reinforcements for next season. Several German newspapers are reporting that one of the club's key objectives is Real Sociedad's Spanish international, Mikel Oyarzabal. The 22-year-old is enjoying another brilliant season for the Donostiarras and for Bayern, he would be the ideal solution to strengthen the left wing. The German champions have also stated an interest in Manchester City's Leroy Sané for the same position but that operation, apart from being extremely complicated, would also be expensive.
Real Sociedad would be reluctant to sell Oyarzabal
Oyarzabal is under contract with La Real until 2024 and his release clause is set at 60 million euros. He has received offers from the Premier League but struck a new deal with the Basque side which has made him the squad's highest earner. Oyarzabal is one of the success stories of Real Sociedad's acclaimed youth programme which the club is fiercely proud of. For that reason, it is highly unlikely that club president Jokin Aperribay would sanction his sale which would mean Bayern would have no option but to agree terms with the player and meet his buy-out.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?