Griezmann falls 15 places from 2018 in Ballon d'Or 2019
Antoine Griezmann finished third in the Ballon d'Or standings 12 months ago but the Barcelona ace has slipped down to 18th this time around.
Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann has been voted 18th in the final list for the 2019 Ballon d'Or, a fall of 15 places from last year.
Griezmann finished behind only Luka Modric and Cristiano Ronaldo 12 months ago after winning the World Cup with France and impressing for Atletico Madrid at club level.
Griezmann struggled in 2019
However, an underwhelming end to his Atletico career and a tough start to life at Barcelona - who he joined in a €120million deal in July - has seen him drop down the list.
It marks the second time the 28-year-old has slipped from third to 18th, having done likewise in 2017.
Griezmann's Barcelona team-mate Marc-Andre ter Stegen finished 24th and Frenkie de Jong, who spent the first half of the year with Champions League semi-finalists Ajax, was voted 11th in the standings.
Three Liverpool players missed out on the top 10, with Georginio Wijnaldum, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Roberto Firmino in 26th, 19th and 17th, respectively.
Fellow Premier League side Manchester City were also heavily represented in the 30-11 rankings, as were Dutch champions Ajax following their run to the final four of last season's Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- MLS Swansea City eying DC United playmaker Paul Arriola
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano